Ridom is a small enterprise located in Münster, Germany that develops software for microbial whole genome re-sequencing analysis on routine basis. Since its foundation in 2003 the company kept always close links to applied scientists. Our user-friendly software products have a growing international customer basis from very renown public health and university institutions. To this end, Ridom will employ at the earliest convenience a
(Bio) Informatician / Java Developer (m/f)
- Implementation and maintenance of microbial bioinformatic tools, both desktop and web server
- Evaluation and integration of bioinformatic open source tools
- Collaboration with scientific experts in inter-disciplinary teams
- Direct contact to customers for technical support (via Email)
- Participation in quality control and documentation of our tools
- Exhibition at international scientific conferences
- Completed course of studies in the field of (bio) informatics or comparable qualification
- Professional experience in development of software in Java (e.g., Swing, Hibernate)
- Experience with the principals of ‘clean code’ development
- Good skills in spoken and written English and willingness to travel occasionally internationally
- Interest in microbial bioinformatics (precognition not necessary)
- High self-initiative, creative analytical and problem-solving thinking and good team player
Become part of our team and contribute to together with leading researchers to the global genomic surveillance of infectious disease. In order to further promote your professional development, we offer targeted training. We support the reconciliation between work and private life with flexible working time models and part-time home-office possibility. Take advantage of all the attractive possibilities that is offered by the City of Münster.
The position is (initially) limited to two years.
We are looking forward to receiving your comprehensive application.