Software Update to Version 7.7
for SARS-CoV-2 Analysis
The update from 7.0 to to version 7.6/7 requires to update the CLIENT and the SERVER software. The installations of the two updates require administration rights on the computer(s) where the client and server are running. If only the client is updated or if only the server is updated, login and working is still possible, but the new features are not available until the client is updated.
This page describes the update process from version 5, 6 or 7.0 to version 7.6/7. If you are currently using SeqSphere+ version 4 or older, please see the specific page for updating version 4.
On Windows the update must be installed by downloading and executing the Windows installers below. The execution of the installers requires administration rights on the computer. Some of the new features are dependent on the installation of the Windows Subsystem for Linux on the SeqSphere+ client computer.
On Linux the update must be installed by replacing the installation directories with the content of the tgz archive files below. If start script rcseqsphereserver.sh of the server was modified manually, be sure to save it before updating the files.
Alternatively to the installation steps below, the client and server update from 7.0 (or higher) to 7.7 can also be installed with the built-in online update function.
- Shutdown the SeqSphere+ server process. (On Windows use the Start menu item 'Ridom SeqSphere Server | Stop SeqSphere Service')
- Exit all SeqSphere+ client processes.
- Download the update for the SeqSphere+ SERVER from below.
- On Windows: Start the downloaded server update installer executable and follow the messages of the installation wizard dialog.
On Linux: Extract the downloaded archive and use it to replace the folder of the existing installation (be sure to keep rcseqsphereserver.sh if modified).
- Start the SeqSphere+ server process again. (On Windows use the Start menu item 'Ridom SeqSphere Server | Start SeqSphere Service')
- Download the update for the SeqSphere+ CLIENT from below.
- On Windows: Start the downloaded client update installer executable and follow the messages of the installation wizard dialog.
On Linux: Extract the downloaded archive and use it to replace the folder of the existing installation.
- Start the SeqSphere+ client and try to login to the server.
- If the client runs on Windows, the Windows authentication dialog opens when the downloaded update is installed. Confirm this dialog.
- On Windows: The tiled amplicon reference mapping requires the installation of the Windows Subsystem for Linux and iVar (only available for Windows 10 / Windows Server 2019).
Please use the Ridom SeqSphere+ menu 'Help | About' after the client has been updated to see the complete list of version changes.
Choose Operating System:
|Download UPDATE for Ridom SeqSphere+ CLIENT|
|UPDATE-RidomSeqSphere-7.7.5_(2021-06)-64bit.exe for Microsoft Windows 64-bit|
|RidomSeqSphere-7.7.5_(2021-06)-64bit.tgz for Linux 64-bit|
|Download UPDATE for Ridom SeqSphere+ SERVER|
|UPDATE-RidomSeqSphereSERVER-7.6.0_(2021-05)-64bit.exe for Microsoft Windows 64-bit|
|RidomSeqSphereSERVER-7.6.0_(2021-05)-64bit.tgz for Linux 64-bit|