Ridom TraceEdit is available free to academic and commercial users.
|Windows Version:|| RidomTraceEdit-1.1.0_b2.exe [6MB] |
Requires Microsoft Windows 2000 / XP / Vista
|Linux Version:|| RidomTraceEdit-1.1.0.tar.gz [6MB] |
Requires Linux (Kernel 2.2 or higher)
- Please close all other applications before installing Ridom TraceEdit
- Start the installer executable and follow the messages of the wizard dialog.
- After the installation procedure is completed Ridom TraceEdit can now be run by clicking the desktop icon or selecting the entry in the Start Menu.
- Ridom TraceEdit will create a profile directory located in your home directory (e.g., this will normally be a path like
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\traceedit). This directory will contain the configuration file and the logging file.
- The program package is distributed as a single TAR.GZ file.
- Extract this archive file into the preferred installation directory, e. g., to
/usr/local. The archive file contains the whole application, including the Tutorial sample data and documents, and the Java Runtime Environment. TraceEdit can be started now by using the shell script:
- To install a program icon on the current user's desktop (KDE or Gnome), invoke the shell script:
- Ridom TraceEdit will create a profile directory located in your home directory (this will normally be a path like