The participants of this interactive genomics basic training workshop (October 7th to 8th, 2019; Münster, Germany) will get a good overview of all the possibilities of the SeqSphere+ software through numerous hands-on demos and exercises. More specific microbial genomics for outbreak-, resistom-, virulome-investigation, and real-time surveillance will be covered. The main technical topics that will be addressed during the course include:
- MLST Sanger data analysis with SeqSphere+
- Import of next-generation sequencing (NGS; Ion Torrent and Illumina) whole genome sequencing (WGS) raw reads and assemblies, including data validation (Illumina SAV, FastQC) and pre-processing with SeqSphere+
- Mapping and de novo assembly of reads followed by core genome MLST (cgMLST) or cgSNP analysis with SeqSphere+
- Visualization of place, time, 'person', and type dimensions with SeqSphere+ built-in GIS, epi-curve, and phylogenetic tree functionality
- EBI ENA data submission with SeqSphere+
- NCBI Genome Browser and SRA data download and search with SeqSphere+
- Creation of ad hoc and stable cgMLST schemes
- Group-specific signature (PanSeq) and SNV search with SeqSphere+ for development of specific PCR screening assays
This is a two-day training workshop with workshop hours 9am to 5pm on the first day and 9am to 4pm on the second day. The workshop will be held in the seminar room at the Ridom facility, Technologiehof, about 20 minutes by public bus from the Central Station of Münster.
There will be one computer available per participant. The workshop notes include an USB stick with among others all presentations, tutorials, and publications. In addition, all tutorial data that works with a regular- or trial license is included. This material will guide, step-by-step, through the software and help to reproduce in a relaxed way all exercises when the participants are back home again.
The registration cost per person for the workshop, including two lunches, one evening dinner and catering of coffee breaks is 895.00 EUR (excl. VAT*). Upon registration and after payment, Ridom will make recommendations regarding participants' travel and accommodation arrangements.
Customers as well as non-customers who are interested in learning more about our software are invited to attend this workshop. In case the workshop is fully booked, the date of payment will be decisive. Ridom reserves the right to cancel this workshop up to 42 days before the scheduled event in case of insufficient response.
More than 42 days before the scheduled event: 100% of the workshop fee will be compensated.
Less than 42 days: only 25% of the workshop fee will be compensated.
Less than 7 days: no compensation of the workshop fee at all.
Date: October 7th to 8th, 2019
Location: Technologiehof Münster, Mendelstrasse 11, 48149 Münster, GERMANY
* for German customers 19% VAT will be applied. For other customers within the EU please provide the VAT registration number of your organization to be exempted from paying the VAT. Federal/local taxes may apply for non-EU customers.