The participants of this interactive genomics basic training workshop (March 31th to April 1st, 2022) will get a good overview of all the possibilities of the SeqSphere+ software through numerous hands-on demos and exercises. More specific microbial genomics for outbreak-, resistom-, virulome-investigation, and real-time surveillance will be covered. The main technical topics that will be addressed during the course include:
- Import of next-generation sequencing (NGS; Ion Torrent and Illumina) whole genome sequencing (WGS) raw reads and assemblies, including data validation (Illumina SAV, FastQC) and pre-processing with SeqSphere+
- Mapping and de novo assembly of reads followed by core genome MLST (cgMLST) or cgSNP analysis with SeqSphere+
- Visualization of place, time, 'person', and type dimensions with SeqSphere+ built-in GIS, epi-curve, and phylogenetic tree functionality
- AMR genotypic prediction and virulence profiling with SeqSphere+
- EBI ENA data submission with SeqSphere+
- NCBI Genome Browser and SRA data download and search with SeqSphere+
- Creation of ad hoc and stable cgMLST schemes
- Group-specific SNV search with SeqSphere+ for development of specific PCR screening assays (HRMC and/or TaqMan)
This is a two-day training workshop with workshop hours 9am to 5pm CET on the first day and 9am to 4pm CET on the second day. The workshop will be held online via Zoom. Participants need to have access to a computer with Microsoft Windows 10/11 (minimum requirements: dual-core, 8 GB RAM, 50 GB HD, and audio [optional video] -capability). Before the workshop the SeqSphere+ Server and Client with tutorial data that will be supplied by us and the Zoom application must be installed on this computer.
The workshop notes include among others all presentations, tutorials, and publications. In addition, all tutorial data that works with a regular- or trial license is included. This material will guide, step-by-step, through the software and help to reproduce in a relaxed way all exercises after the workshop.
The registration cost per person for the workshop is 795.00 EUR (excl. VAT*).
Customers as well as non-customers who are interested in learning more about our software are invited to attend this workshop. In case the workshop is fully booked, the date of payment will be decisive. Ridom reserves the right to cancel this workshop up to 42 days before the scheduled event in case of insufficient response.
More than 42 days before the scheduled event: 100% of the workshop fee will be compensated.
Less than 42 days: only 25% of the workshop fee will be compensated.
Less than 7 days: no compensation of the workshop fee at all.
Cancelation for Force Majeure Event
Ridom GmbH may cancel this event in connection with a Force Majeure Event.
Date: March 31th to April 1st, 2022
* for German customers 19% VAT will be applied. For other customers within the EU please provide the VAT registration number of your organization to be exempted from paying the VAT. Federal/local taxes may apply for non-EU customers.